Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert
47044666

I just woke from a dream about my 4 year old I can't rest.

Customer Question

JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Please tell me everything you can so the Dream Analyst can help you best.
Customer: We were at a public pool. I went into the change rooms to get changed. She was playing with a girl beside me, then I looked she was gone, I ran everywhere no where to be seen, minutes passed my mum randomly showed? Then a few minutes pasted and I seen her tiny body at the bottom of the deep pool, I jumped in, I watched myself jump in, it was like watching the dream now rather than participating, another man jumped in. That's when I woke up
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dream Analyst about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 8 months ago.

I need to ask you some questions about your dream and your waking reality. What is your gender, ("another man" sounds like you're a father), your age, and your living situation: Are you living with the other parent of your daughter? Is there anything about your living arrangement with your daughter that could make losing her a possibility--even if it's not realistically likely?

If there's not a threat (in time-together, or in spatial location, or in emotional closeness) to your relationship with your daughter, then she might be a symbolic image instead of a representation of her real self--esp if your real daughter is now older or younger than the girl in your dream. A dream-video like this one would be more common for a mother's than a father's dream, unless you are a single father.

so your current life situation and your history with your daughter are important information I need to provide a good interpretation. Also, can you think of any recent event(s) or thought(s) and feeling(s) that seem related to the dream--and thus could have triggered it?

Further questions: What were the most surprising or shocking moment(s) in the dream? (I'd guess 1. daughter's missing, 2. mum appears.)

Were there any more scenes, fragments or details in the dream? Did you change into your street clothes? If so were they work clothes, dress-up, at home? When you jumped into the pool were you wearing clothes? (or unaware of clothes?) Was "another man" wearing clothes or not?