Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert
47044666

In many of my dreams I can't open my eyes or when I do I

Customer Question

In many of my dreams I can't open my eyes or when I do I can't see
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Please tell me everything you can so the Dream Analyst can help you best.
Customer: All I know is that I wake up in a sense of panic - in many of my dreams I can't open my eyes and if I am able too- I can't see- my sight is all blurry
JA: Is there anything else the Dream Analyst should be aware of?
Customer: no- just happens a lot
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 4 months ago.

This one moment in your dreams could mean a lot more if you could remember the scene that happened before you tried to open your eyes and/or opened up but only saw blurry. This is because not being able to see symbolizes not being able to understand something, and more specifically NOT being able to be CONSCIOUS of something. And it's possible that the actual content or symbolism of what happened before the moment you mention, whether that content was visual, auditory or merely thought(s) or expectation(s)--that would present clues to what your waking personality is trying to become conscious of, or understand, but is unable to accomplish at present. The dreams represent repeated attempts to bring something unconscious into consciousness--which is one of the main purposes of most dreams anyway.

So is there anything in your recent events, thoughts or feelings over which you're puzzled and frustrated? And do you remember ANYTHING in any of those dreams that was present before the scene you're most bothered by? Trying to become more conscious of what's lurking in your unconscious mind is a noble effort, and interpretation of as many subtle aspects of your dreams as you can remember--no matter how apparently trivial or unrelated --can help us to open these doors that are not opened yet.

this one moment in your dreams

If you'll just answer my specific questions and/or supply as many impressions, details or scenes of your recent dreams as you can, we should make progress toward the meaning that you seek. I'll stick with it today and tomorrow (at least) to help you get to the secrets beyond your closed-eyes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My husband is always in these dreams and usually I ask him to help me or I can him that I can't see. I remember saying 'it's happening again I can't see'
I have this dream so often that I'm getting scared

Are you feeling isolated from your husband? Can you hear him but not see him? It is possible that you're aware in your dreams that you're not Conscious of him in a (new) way that you need to be. You might be losing the intimate awareness of him that you've taken for granted up till now, and you're in the in-between state where you can't yet "see" the new way you will become aware of him--his personality, feelings, his reality.

Is there some way that you're aware of his personal attitudes&perspectives on life (or relationship) being different from yours? Or some aspect of YOUR feelings toward and desires from him that you feel he doesn't recognize (or relate t) in you?

we'll keep at this tomorrow--some time. So keep thinking about what I'm asking you and respond however you want to.