CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

I have had the same basic dream week 4-5 a night and it

Customer Question

I have had the same basic dream for past week 4-5 a night and it wakes me up
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Please tell me everything you can so the Dream Analyst can help you best.
Customer: Its driving me nutts.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?
Customer: Ok
JA: What else should I tell the Dream Analyst?
Customer: So my husband if 17 years os not home so i arrive at my place of work where he is with the farm shop girl she is heavily pregnant and he is laughing at me and my kids who r in the car he. I walk over a fair bit cross and thats when he tells me that vixtoria is pregnant i am like i can see that and then they laugh and say but whos the daddy. Thats when i know he and her merge into one mass as they the children are gone as the copulate. I ask why. He says that something i nevwr hear and i fall crushed to floor unable to breath watching them time laps pregnace biryh baby happy ... i feel sick when i wake up n fullbof dream
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question and I hope that I can be of assistance.

Something that is interesting about recurring dreams, as I have been taught, is that dreams are used to teach us something about ourselves. They recur because the dreams may be helping you identify or point to a conflict, situation or matter in your waking life that remains unresolved or unsettled. It has been said that these dreams "may be highlighting a personal weakness, fear, or your inability to cope with something in your life - past or present." I feel that it is important that I share with you a bit about the thepry or approach that I use when interpreting dreams.

I think it is important to know these facts when interpreting dreams, but also just interesting tidbits...."Some researchers believe that dreams help you to tackle stress. Dreaming is a necessity and helps to recharge the mind and revitalize the body. In dreams, negative emotions tend to occur twice as often as pleasant feelings. Fear and anxiety are the most commonly expressed emotions in dreams, followed by anger and sadness." In your dream you experience different emotions: "afraid", then "safe, at peace, happy, and calm." I tend to like the approach taken by Carl Jung. His research suggests that "Since dreams are a way of communicating with the unconscious, Jung believed that dream images reveal something about yourself, your relationships with others, and situations in your waking life. Dreams guide your personal growth and help in achieving your full potential. Jung also believes that the dream's manifest content is just as significant and revealing as the latent content. By simply discussing what is currently going on in your life, it can help you interpret and unlock the cryptic images of your dreams. Jung's method of dream interpretation is placed more confidently on the dreamer. He believes that you all possess the necessary tools to interpret your own dreams. There is no one correct way to interpret a dream. The meaning of your dreams is a personal judgment and is up to you on how to interpret them. Whatever interpretation feels right to you is most significant and more important than what someone else thinks or believes."Jung views the ego as your sense of self and how you portray yourself to the world. Part of Jung's theory is that all things can be viewed as paired opposites: good/evil, male/female, or love/hate. So working in opposition to the ego, is the "counterego" or what he refers to as the shadow. The shadow represents the rejected aspects of yourself that you do not wish to acknowledge. The shadow is more primitive, somewhat uncultured, and a little awkward. I believe in your dream you are processing aspects of yourself called the persona and the shadow. Here is a definition of each:

"The Persona is the image you present to the world in your waking life. It is your public mask. In the dream world, the persona is represented by the Self. The Self may or may not resemble you physically or may or may not behave as your would. For example, the persona can appear as a scarecrow or a beggar in your dream. However, you still know that this "person" in your dream is you.

The Shadow is the rejected and repressed aspects of yourself. It is the part of yourself that you do not want the world to see because it is ugly or unappealing. It symbolizes weakness, fear, or anger. In dreams, this figure is represented by a stalker, murderer, a bully, or pursuer. It can be a frightening figure or even a close friend or relative. Their appearance often makes you angry or leaves you scared. They force you to confront things that you don't want to see or hear. You must learn to accept the shadow aspect of yourself for its messages are often for your own good, even though it may not be immediately apparent."

(resource: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreaminformation/dreamtheory/jung2.htm)

So let's look at what is occurring in the dream and some symbolism. "To dream that your mate, spouse, or significant other is cheating on you indicates your fears of being abandoned. You may feel a lack of attention in the relationship. Alternatively, you may feel that you are not measuring up to the expectations of others. This notion may stem from issues of trust or self-esteem." (resource: http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamdictionarysearch.pl?method=exact&header=dreamsymbol&search=cheating) Dreams related to adultery are common and they leave the dreamer feeling anxious and afraid. It leads you to question your spouse, even when it may not be warranted, but I believe that the dream is more personal and is more about internal beliefs and feeling insecure. It sounds like you are a busy mother and spouse and sometimes when we are going in several directions, the first thing that goes to the side are our personal needs. Women tend to abandon personal needs and emotional needs when we are busy trying to fulfill the needs of our children, typically first, and then when we can we try to spend time with our spouses. It is hard to have boundaries that also support "couple's time" that ensures that we feel our marriage is healthy and fulfilled. I think that the woman in the dream is symbolic of ANYONE that may be spending more time with your husband other than you-- this can feel like a threat, be it a job, a hobby, friends, or another woman. It seems in the dream that she is pregnant, suggesting the betrayal but also the abandonment of your relationship and all that you are working to build together. My encouragement is that you focus on what strengthens your image of your marriage and also what strengthens his opinion of the marriage. Be vulnerable with him about your concerns and think of ways to reconnect as a family, but also, and most importantly as a couple. You have to keep your foundation strong and maintain the trust between you.

If you feel that this is along the lines of what you feel an accurate interpretation may be, I am happy to send you further information to help strengthen your marriage. We can continue processing as necessary and I hope that you will feel satisfied with the answer provided. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Jules.

Expert:  CounselorJules replied 3 months ago.

I hope that this has been helpful and that you will provide a positive rating (3 stars or better) for the answer or interpretation that you have received. You can do this by clicking on the rating button and providing a score. The communication does not have to cease if you provide a rating, but it is the only way that the experts receive credit. My goal is to provide with you excellent service. Best Wishes and Thank you!

Jules