Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert

Sometimes in my dreams, which are very vivid in general, I

Customer Question

Sometimes in my dreams, which are very vivid in general, I can still hear everything going on around me, but its like my eyes are closed. I constantly struggle to open them and my body is basically numb. Its similar to sleep paralysis, but it occurs to me still in the dream. Just awoke from a nap, and in the dream, my body felt as if I was intoxicated. I "woke" up in the dream only to not remember anything and to be told that I passed out. Everything was back to normal in the dream (sight, no numbness, etc). But waking up in real life, I could feel my body trying to slip back into the numbness and back into the dream. Its such a weird feeling.
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dream Analyst about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Mrs.SandMan replied 3 months ago.

Hi I would be very happy to help assist you in understanding your dream. First I have a few questions. Is this experience something you have had for a while, or is it a new experience you are just now receiving? May I ask if there is anything in your life that you feel would cause you to under go this strong presence you are feeling relating to your sleep and dreaming?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've had it for awhile but it occurs randomly. I'm currently working on a paper for school & in my last dream, I'm unable to "wake up" and go do this paper. My dream self then begins to feel intoxicated, can no longer see, & "wakes up" in the dream later.

I am wondering if this relates to extra stress your body maybe feeling. Our bodies are all different, but every human's body will need to "relieve" any extra stress or worry in some manner. Perhaps your body goes into this sort of sleeping and dreaming state when it feels this extra pressure. May I ask, do you feel at all stressed right before this takes place?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's completely random. These are relatively normal dreams when these happen. I used to have sleep paralysis nightmare type dreams in the past, but these aren't as extreme.

Do you have any sort of idea of what causes your paralysis nightmare dreams?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No clue. But recently, the feeling of anxiety that comes w the sleep paralysis is picked up on in the dream before it becomes a full blown freeze and I'm able to either wake myself up or force a change in the dream.

Do you feel that this state of dreaming is causing you any harm? You mentioned the feeling of anxiety that comes with the sleep paralysis. Anxiety comes from extras stress on the body. Can be from anything going in on your life and even suppressed memories. Perhaps you have suppressed memories from your childhood that may be causing this. Do you have any thoughts regarding that?