Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert

Hard to describe but im in a world of changing shapes and

Customer Question

Hard to describe but im in a world of changing shapes and limbless bodies that should be dead are around me trying to grab me and feeling that all the laws of physics and reality are breaking down. Very very scary and confusing. What do you make of that?
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 4 months ago.

You seem to be in a state of fragmentation-- disintegration of your self. Have you recently had a "medical procedure" that invaded your body (aka an operation)? Limbless bodies suggests inability to connect with Earth and accomplish Forward Movement (legless), and inability to reach out to other People for physical or emotional Support.

Can you speculate on what recent event(s) or thought(s)/feeling(s) might trigger such a reverberation within your inner world?

What you've described is a Surrealistic Artwork, not MC Escher (solid&integrated), not Salvador Dali (images related, not outerspace but gravity-bound). But parts are still ALIVE, and centripetal/centrifugal force-orientations ("trying to grab me").

Do you have a sense of ROTATION, or changingshapes/bodies Circling Around you at their center? Though missing, Armforce is what you feel: DisConnection striving to Restore Connection.

Have you just felt radically Disconnected from a person/persons that seemed central to you?

Fragmentation of Self is often a catastrophic personality event (as in the 1970s Surrealistic movie Zabriskie Point) from which the personality will recover ("should be dead . . .trying to grab me") like the Phoenix that rises again from the flamedout ashes of its crash.

Can you describe something in your current lifetory that fits that crash?

Something central to your IDENTITY may have just shattered (or it's a medical invasion, which has triggered similar imagery in my own dreams). Lack of gravity also suggests disconnection from Earth, but NOT DEAD.

If you shuttle back and forth between your recent life-experience (esp emotional) and dream image, you will connect with what's shaking the foundations of yourSelf. Please discuss it with me--and if it's something different than I've guessed @ with no knowledge of who you are and where in your lifepath you're @, we'll travel further together until we understand it. And I'll be the hand that discovers your hand, and then arm, and then the leg-ability to resume your forward motion.

If you can't identify anything in your personal life that feels like such a fragmentation or dismemberment, then it's possible that this is not a personal dream, but an image of your society, culture or world coming apart, as the meaning and purpose of our world seems to be disintegrating as you experience it. Could you be tuned in to the increasingly chaotic developments in our nation or struggling world?