Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert

I had a dream I was driving but traffic was slow and I kept

Customer Question

I had a dream I was driving but traffic was slow and I kept dozing off and waking up whenever I felt my foot was on the accelarator and the car was moving to fast for traffic, but every time I woke up from dozing off, I would keep driving and dose off again feeling my car accelerate and finding at times that I wasn't in control of my body and falling asleep and waking myself again in a panic. I noticed I had my seatbelt on, I was alone in the car. It was during sunset hrs. I was wearing a black shirt and stripped jacket, familiar articles in my wardrobe. But every time I woke up I was in fear that I would hit the car in front of me if I kept my eyes closed long enough and the moment my body melted into the seat I let go of the wheel and when I woke up again with fear, anxiousness, and force...there was never a car in front of me and I was driving on the left side of the road heading north... Heading home.
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dream Analyst about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 4 months ago.

There are other details I'd like to understand to better interpret your dream: 0. What is your age, living condition and work activity now? 1. Do you drive in a Left-hand-side driving country (UK). 2. Is sunset a normal time for you to be heading home from work? 3. Is the black shirt and striped jacket normal for your job or profession? 4. Is your home north of where you work? 5. Who would normally be at home when you get there? 6. If north is not your present "direction home," does it fit with some other time in your life?

As an initial direction to explore for your dream's meaning, you APPEAR to be losing consciousness in order to get (either) away from work (and/or) TO home as fast as possible. What is your attitude towards your present work-or-public activity? And compared to that, what is your attitude toward "home?"

If the left side of the road could invite a head-on collision, this dream's meaning changes. Please answer the simple questions, and if possible, think of some recent event(s) or thought(s) that could be related to the dream's content. Does it make sense that your higher (unconscious) source is dealing with some crisis at work or home? Or might you have an overwhelming need to "get ahead" (by using the left-side exclusively, despite the likely danger), despite the reality that the rest of the world is NOT GETTING IN YOU WAY?

Are you driven to "excessive speed" in some aspect of your life?

It's quite possible that this dream is trying to keep you safe AND help guide you through changing your direction in life. So you'll get a lot better guidance from the dream if you'll guess at what could have triggered it and comment on your clothing, profession and current significant concerns. I'll be available thru tonight & tomorrow morning (East coast USA) to explore in dialogue with you, and we have at least a week to complete our work if you want to learn as much as you can from the dream.