CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

I was with a middle aged unknown woman helping her get a

Customer Question

I was with a middle aged unknown woman helping her get a yellow bike into an apartment building. There were stairs leading to the first floor. I was taking the bike up while she stood in the shadows. It was dark out and there was no light right I side the doorway. A young black man who seemed very familiar, like a guy I know from work and like, came to help me. The guy I know is a nice helpful person. He took the bike and headed up the stairs to the second floor. I then saw two cats. One was just walking around not paying much attention and the other was watching us. The one walking was a light gray and the one watching was gray and white. I turned to go back down the stairs and saw the number 9 on the wall. I didn't know why I was leaving and not going with the young man. The woman, still in shadow didn't move. Just watched even though it was her bike. I woke up half way down the stairs.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. I am working on your question. Please bare with me :)

Okay, first, I want to explain a little about the approach that I use and then go further into the interpretation. I tend to use a Jungian approach where we look at symbolism and archetypes, as well as the emotional evoked from the dream.

We will start with symbolism and I will explain what I feel that this may mean to you based on what you are mentioning.....

Honestly, I think that the middle aged woman in the dream may actually be a reflection of who you feel that you are. The yellow bike is significant of a particular time in life where maybe you felt that you were able to find a better balance of pleasing others and also enjoying leisure. As we become adults we often get more caught up in set bacts and not being able to devote time to balancing personal needs. I believe that ascending on the stairs is suggesting that you are coming into a greater understanding of what it is that you mostly want. You sound as though you have an interest in someone but you feel that you are too busy working on things for others that you cannot take the opportunity to focus on making yourself happy. The cats in the dream can represent two possible things. It can be female sexuality (one is interested and the other is just watching--which could be aspects of your personal balance) and the other interpretation can be that you are attempting to balance needs, especially if the cats are somewhat similar in nature. The number "9" is often representative of completion, closure, or inspiration. It can also suggest that you are on your way to a productive path. The woman in the shadows remains there, not helping, but observing, and I think that you may be afraid of what you may resolve to if you do not feel that you can productively work on your own goals. Going back down the stairs suggests the possibility of repressing thoughts, goals, dreams, and again, not putting yourself first....

My suggestion is that your higher conscious is calling you to focus more on you, who you are, your desires, your dreams, and don't feel afraid of going after what you really want for you..... it is not self-indulgent to meet your own needs, it is important :)

Best wishes, Jules

I hope that this has been helpful and that you will take a moment to provide a positive rating on the tab. A positive rating does not mean that the conversation must cease, it simply ensures credit for time spent for the answer provided :)

Hi :) I just wanted to follow back up with you to ensure that you felt satisfied with the interpretation. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Jules