CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

I had a dream that I had cut the index finger of my

Customer Question

Hello, I had a dream that I had cut the index finger of my right hand very badly almost in half the long way. It was bleeding and I was cleaning it out and very worried. Any thoughts on what this dream is telling me??
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?
Customer: I'm currently pursuing a relationship that I'm uncertain of how he feels...It has been a preoccupation with me. Not sure if this is a good sign or bad..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dream Analyst about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 5 months ago.
Good evening. I hope that I can help you with your dream interpretation. I think dreams are amazing. I tend to operate from a Jungian perspective where I feel that our dreams often indicate possible anxiety or uncertainty occurring in our waking lives. We use the archetypes or symbols to discern what may be occurring and coming through to us in our dreams or from our higher conscious. Your dream is very interesting. Often when we dream of a wound or of bleeding there is an indication of a lack of self confidence. You may be experiencing a sense of self doubt that keeps you from moving forward. When we dream of our fingers, we think of our ability to perform, or feel "useful" as our hands help us accomplish so much. The injury to your finger suggests that you may be having doubts about your ability to accomplish fulfillment in a task. To dream of your index finger or forefinger symbolizes the number one. It also signifies authority, direction, and judgment. Your dream may be trying to make a point. It may be telling you that you have to trust in yourself more about relationships and believe that you are deserving of a healthy relationship. It also may indicate that you have to stop "pointing the finger" and blaming yourself for any past mistakes.....I hope that has been helpful. I wish you the best and I encourage you to use positive affirmations about your deserving of love and even maybe engage in some sort of forgiveness work so that you are open and trusting in a relationship :) I wish you the best!I hope that was a satisfactory answer and that you will provide a positive rating and accept the answer so that credit can be received if you have found it to be helpful! Thank you, Jules!
I just wanted to check back in and make sure that you have satisfied with the answer given. I hope that you will take the time to provide a positive rating so that credit can be received for the time given to answer your question. A positive rating does not mean that the conversation has to end, but it does ensure credit is given to the expert :)