Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert
47044666

I had a dream that my son went missing and that I and my family

Customer Question

I had a dream that my son went missing and that I and my family couldn't find him, soo we ended up calling the police to report him missing.
All this time I'm crying like mad and was going out of my mind.
I can't remember all the details. I think it took in a house but I can't remember who's house it was.
All of the family members are looking for him and one cousin of mine realises that it's my child because of my crying and he says to me ,'omd it's your child that's gone missing'. He's looking at me with a shocked expression.
This is the first time I've had this dream.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Soo as this is all happening in the dream, as soon as the call is being made to the police to report him missing, I wake up from the dream all terrified and shaky.
Expert:  Mrs.SandMan replied 7 months ago.
I would be happy to help you in understanding your dream. However I do have a few questions. How old Is your son? A child's age can be a huge difference in what he may be representing in the dream. Has there been anything going on in his life where he is having personal issues? Our children can also be symbolic and represent a part of our self in our dreams. Has there been anything going on in your personal life where you may feel lost, or disconnected ? I will wait to respond with more detail until I hear back from you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He's the same age as he's in real life, hes 9. Well we've just recently moved out from my parents house, it's been 3 months now, and we're now living in a temporary abode by the council.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Things haven't been too well for us both while we were down my parents as my sister in law caused alot of problems for both me and my child and she treated my child really badly.
Thank you for responding. Police in dreams will usually represent a higher authority coming into a situation in one's life. With the situation that is taking place in your life relating to your son, it will affect you spiritually and through your subconscious. If you have any fears or worries relating to your son's well being, than it will come through in dreams. Since your son went through a period of time where he was treated wrongly, than it can be showing how perhaps you may have certain feelings you are still working through regarding your son and how he was cared for.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I'm still confused about it all.
Should I be worried?
No, the dream is just showing how your feelings are being processed. You have nothing to fear as your son will be OK. The dream is not meant to be taken logical. It is your subconscious processing everything that is going on with your son. It can also be your fears or worries you may have that are causing you to have this sort of dream.