Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert
47044666

I dream about ex husband and I am asking back we seperated

Customer Question

I dream about ex husband and I am asking back we seperated 6 months an he has moved on in new relation ship
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Please tell me everything you can so the Dream Analyst can help you best.
Customer: I dream he is still telling me what to do . We are at our old house in the garden I am hanging washing out then putting things in a in its a pair of boots covered in mud then I pull him round corner of house I start crying and ask him please come back I wake up before I get reply
JA: Is there anything else the Dream Analyst should be aware of?
Customer: That's all I remember
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dream Analyst about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 7 months ago.
Are these repeating dreams, or was this just one dream? If it was one dream, can you think of an event or some thoughts that might have triggered the dream in that night after? And is there any DIFFERENCE between your emotional&mental reaction to him telling you what to do in the dream (or drms) and your reaction to that in your present waking life? Since you used to be used to this behavior on his part, your reaction in the dream(s) might have been more accepting OR more rejecting or upset than it would be now in waking life.Dreams; don't usually come to show us something we already know, but something we don't realize yet. So it's very important to know EVERY detail of the dream(s) and especially how any of those moments, images or details might contrast with what you would expect if the dream(s) were part of your waking life. THAT is where the most surprising new insight into yourself and most promising prospects for change are to be discovered!So if you want to really benefit from this dream, Please answer all of the questions I have asked you. I can GUESS that your dream(s) include a "God's-eye view" of some way(s) you may be continuing to behave inwardly as if you were still part of the marital roles ("hanging washing out") and of the command structure ("still telling me what to do"). Is it possible that there is some comfort in your former housewife role--and perhaps you might now feel both "free" and "like a fish out of water"?All of the details in your dream(s) can help point the way for your future development in this time of upheaval for you. (You don't need to rate me until you've gotten much more benefit from your dream(s).)
I'm sorry that I didn't see the rest of your dream beyond hanging washing out. Are you putting the pair of muddy boots in (for washing)? Do you feel the same way about begging him to come back to you when you are awake as you did in the dream? Do you assume the muddy boots are his?If they are (probably or definitely) HIS boots, and if you're going to try to clean up the boots somehow--then the scene shows you acting as a dutiful wife to clean up after the "sins" he has committed by "moving on" (walking in those boots) to a different relationship. Why did you "pull him around the corner of the house?" Could it be to keep the neighbors from noticing that you were begging him to come back--because that would humiliate you in the sight of your family, friends and neighbors?If my GUESS about this action is close to accurate, then you need to talk to someone who will NOT humiliate you for the feelings you are having (at least having in your dream), because they are REALLY part of what you are feeling. Only if you can be respected for all of your feelings can you begin to heal inside from what has happened. Could a pastor or a very wise friend respect you for what you feel?I respect your feelings. How old are you? How long married? After how much premarital relationship? Any children? Where do you live? Where is your family? And how do they treat you?
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 6 months ago.
You don't need to stop discussing this dream and your feelings with me just because the JA system has posted "Timed Out." I want to keep furthering your understanding of your dream and its gift to your conscious mind to help you deal with the life situation your ex has triggered by leaving and moving on to another relationship. I suspect that some people around you (including family & friends) may be telling you something like "He's no good. You shouldn't be stuck on him -- we warned you" and more. These may be symbolized by the "neighbors" whose gaze you're trying to hide from while you hang out his wash and clean his boots, and then try to hide your urges to get him to come back.IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT that you love a man who would rather start over with somebody else than show you the respect and love you are showing him! There are other men besides the one you had (& some women too) who would rather bury their hearts in a new romance than face their emotions and responsibilities involved in dealing kindly with their ex.Perhaps you have tried to show your family and friends that you're "over him," or even believed that yourself. Then your dream was sent by the Higher Power (aka God) who guides us through our larger Unconscious Mind to remind you that you value yourself as a Good Wife who fulfills her responsibilities, and you do still love your man. This is part of how you act and how you feel; and by respecting these feelings and actions you will be more ready to move beyond them--by respecting also the humiliation and hurt he has caused you and finding within yourself other emotional strengths that you will need to put your energy into other people and actions. So you can get what you need for the dissolution of your marriage and moving on into your own future, as uncertain as that may be at present.