Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert

I dreamt this morning that i said to my mother who has been

Customer Question

I dreamt this morning that i said to my mother who has been deceased for 12 years now that i have 2 months to live and it was like she knew that but did not speak i then woke up distressed?
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 6 months ago.
Dreams often can predict something about a coming illness, since the dreaming capacity is well connected to our bodies. But when they seem to be predicting our death, the message is much more likely to be metaphorical: Where "2 months to live" pertains to the passing of an outlived version or aspect of the dreamer and the potential of a new version or aspect of the dreamer that will then have room to be born and begin to grow.Are you a woman? What is your age and family status? What are some of the main ways you "take after" your mother?--such as in the types of roles you play in life, including motherhood, attitudes toward men, children, worldly & domestic work, the meaning and purpose of life, etc? Do you sometimes notice that you're living some of your life in some occasional or frequent dialogue with the mother you have importing into yourself as a trusted confidante?Of course I don't know anything about you or your life. So until I hear more from you I'm only guessing. But it is normal in mainstream of most cultures for women to model their lives after their mother's. Do you have some change in your life coming up in about 2 months? Since you heard yourself predicting an ending to life as you know it--perhaps there is some aspect of how you're living that is about to change, but you've not yet considered how much that shift might affect your experience on many unforeseen levels.