CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

My husband dreamed his hand was caught in a glue trap with

Customer Question

My husband dreamed his hand was caught in a glue trap with a spider that was gray with black stripes and it was viciously bitting his hand and it was in the dream a poisonous spider he then rips the trap off with his other hand and rips it's head off then it turns like a scorpion and bites his hand with its tail then he woke up.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 7 months ago.
Good morning! I am
Happy to help you! Please bare with me and I will provide you with an answer :)
Dreams are pretty amazing. I prefer to use the archetypes or symbolism found in Jungian psychology for dream interpretation. There is a theory that dreams are indicative that we may be working through anxieties or fears that actually exist in our waking life. So, let’s look at the symbolism and you tell me what you think :) While processing your dream it seems that your husband may be feeling that he is entangled in a situation that leads him to feeling stuck or "trapped." The symbolism of the spider also suggests that he feels that he could be attacked by someone he cares deeply about. There may be extended family troubles or relationships at work that could be creating this. The scorpion indicates the same type of feeling. He attempts to change the situation and find relief, but at the same time, the problem reappears in a new form and there may be a part of his waking life where he feels that conflict has led to critical or hurtful words, or even destructive feelings. The scorpion can also appear as a form to suggest that there may need to be an opportunity to get rid of something in your life affecting you and then make room for something new. This could be job related or simply a transition to something new.
I just wanted to follow back up with you and ask what you thought of the interpretation? My goal is to provide you with excellent service, but if you don't feel that satisfactory service was provided, we can continue processing the meaning of your dream.