Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert

I always have this dream that I try to fight someone smaller

Customer Question

I always have this dream that I try to fight someone smaller than me but my punches go in slow motion with no momentum and they don't laugh. I'm strong in all actuality but in this one dream my punches are as tho I have zero energy
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 6 months ago.
Is this a repeating dream? In order to interpret your dream I need to know what is going on in your waking life that is similar to "fighting someone smaller than you." Is there some challenge you want to face that seems like it should be easy for you, but it's not working out? Are you in a profession or an environment where fighting is important to be successful?And what does it mean in your dream that "they don't laugh?" Who are "they?" and why should "they laugh?"ALL dreams are good for you, because they come from a higher wisdom that's showing you what you're really meant to be in your life. It's possible that you've grown up thinking that you have to fight to make it in your world, but this dream might be suggesting that you aren't really "strong" in the ways you think you should be when you are awake. I've worked with a student once who was in the Army, and he had recurrent dreams of trying to punch out some bad guy--but when he caught the guy he couldn't follow thru with a punch: he was just NOT cut out to hurt people that way. He could still be valuable in military service, but more for helping people than for combat against enemies. It's possible your dream might mean something similar--and that's why I need to know what your dream-character's expectation of fighting someone smaller means about who you are and what you do in your waking life. This dream could perhaps help you really change your direction in life--but you can't realize how unless you're willing to explain to me how your dream-ego's intention and its slow motion no-energy results are Similar to and DIFFERENT from what you understand about yourself in your waking life.If you want to keep our conversation private, I'll offer "Premium Service" for a small additional deposit and if you accept it, we can exchange skype or email or phones and finish the interpretation in private. If you don't want that privacy, you can just answer my Questions here and we'll finish the work here on the website. It's your choice. (And unless you DO tell be how your dream'person's intention (to fight) and those results are Similar and Different from how you think and act in waking life, I can never focus my dream interpretation accurately enough to really give you the value your dream wants you to get.)