Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert
47044666

I had a dream about my best friend we was messing around

Customer Question

Hi I had a dream about my best friend we was messing around like 5 months ago and we are no longer friends. But my dream was that I had his baby and I gave his baby to one of my family members. But end up getting the baby back and was going to reveal to my best friend that I had his baby. But I could not reach him at all.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.
When you dream that you have a baby it means you're starting a new life. It's a new life for you, and, in this dream a new love relationship, which is a unique entity beside you and your best friend. It sounds like you or he got scared of the feelings and perhaps the social problems that might come up if you kept up with sexual activities--so you broke it off. The dream is suggesting that you actually DO have a love relationship in your unconscious mind, and probably in HIS also.You don't have to do anything about your dream, because you can either follow your conscious intentions or your unconscious feelings--and you might be scared of what he or many other people might think or do. In the dream you try to keep your love within your own family. Perhaps you're afraid to love somebody outside of your family, and you're too young to consider marrying this guy you were so close to. But the ending of the dream also suggests that MAYBE he won't be willing to feel his real feelings for you; so you might take a big risk if you do try to find him and find out if he wants anything romantic with you. (So many young people today just want sex and don't want to risk feeling love, because you have to surrender to each other for love to grow.)If you asked the family member who you gave the baby to what they think about you and the guy you have feelings for--what would they say?The dream is not telling you which way you Should go, toward him or away (as you are going now). But it's teaching you that love have the potential to start a new life for you, and that a relationship IS a new and unique life.Make any comments or ask any questions you want.
You haven't decided to write more about the real circumstances of your breakup and your present situation yet. But when I sleep after paying attention to a dream my own dreaming mind gives me more possible insights into the the dream you wrote. So I'm going to Guess about what has happened in your emotions and his. You'll get a better interpretation than I gave last night, though it could be wrong--unless you're willing to set me straight about what has really happened between you and inside of yourself.It's NORMAL human nature for a young woman (or a mature woman) to "have feelings" (really means feel some love) after way less than 5 months of messing around sexually. A few weeks are enough for those feelings to reach the surface. But today's culture teaches us to deny those feelings (so we won't get "weak" and hurt).Boys (or men) are better at denying their feelings and more scared of what happens when they do feel them, because they're way less experienced with love (than with excitement, sex, anger and others). So he might have insisted you were "just friends" fooling around, while you got more and more hurt inside--because you can't love someone without being more more easily hurt when your feeling states aren't in harmony with each other. When you couldn't hold back your hurt--leading2--anger anymore, some incident & argument happened and he backed off and/or blamed you for violating some rule of "friendship." So you had a very hurtful breakup, each of you feeling self-righteous about your own reasons for anger and ignoring the other's feelings: That's how EVERY lovers' quarrel works.Now you have a boulder in front of your heart ("I won't talk to him"), because (you're sure) "he put a boulder in front of his heart first." He might not understand what he did yet: Because MOST hurtful encounters happen when we are NOT CONSCIOUS of what we're feeling and how it affects those around us. People usually do the stupidest things to each other when they're unaware of what's going on inside in their own feelings.That's WHY you needed to have your dream about the baby. And the biggest difference between your dream and your reality at the END is this: In the dream you COULDN'T reach him, but in reality you WON'T try to reach him.So the situation is NOT as bad as you have made it by rolling your own boulder in front of your heart. If you make some careful gesture to reestablish contact (you don't have to tell him what the dream shows you're really feeling right away: just stop being so stonecold and give him a sign you want to talk). Use texting or email to begin with to get the stone rolling.You probably want HIM to act first, to prove he's removed the stone from his heart. But he's scared of your feelings, because he's also scared of HIS OWN feelings, since he may not know how to ride the major waves and tides love. So you can be a woman about it and give him a chance. Or not. But your higher power (aka God) has given you this dream so that you have a chance to learn from it and even also a chance to be reborn thru the experience of a love relationship with him.Correct me in every place where I'm wrong--since I don't know anything about you or your family or him, except that you're young and fairly inexperienced in love.