Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert

Past week I have had very vivid and realistic nightmares. It

Customer Question

For the past week I have had very vivid and realistic nightmares. It began with a dream about some man abusing animals and I did everything I could to help but it just wasn't enough. Every other dream has been about people breaking into my home and trying to attack or kill me. One dream I was attacked and killed multiple times. Each time I died the dream started back up where the person was coming up my apartment stairs and they would break in and get me in a whole new way. please help me understand, I'm a student and I really need the sleep. Maybe if I understood better I could get past this.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr-A-Green replied 6 months ago.

Hi - I'll be happy to do what I can. Dreams are tough because certain things have significance to different people. But, from what you wrote, I can interpret some of the main themes and get your feedback and go from there.

So, let's start with the house. Often, in dreams, a home represents the physical self. In this case, someone was coming in to kill you. My guess would be that your physical body is being attacked by something - this could be an actual illness, injury, or even stress/emotions. The fact that it keeps happening over and over again seems to indicate that this condition is chronic. And, since this is a recurring nightmare, that seems to further indicate that either you're not conscious of it, or that you're ignoring the problem - - - and your unconscious is trying to 'make' you address it.

When it comes to the animal portion of the dreams, I may need more information. What type of animal(s) are they? What does this animal mean to you (i.e. do you like/dislike or have any association with that particular animal)? And what, exactly, is happening (i.e. what is the abuse, and what are you doing in response)?

Sorry for the spate of questions, but it's too difficult for me to decipher without a bit more from you.

I look forward to hearing back and helping you make some sense of this so you can rest!

Dr. G.