CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

I was trying to make sense of a dream, I was in a dream with

Customer Question

I was trying to make sense of a dream
JA: Dreams are fascinating! Please tell me everything you can so the Dream Analyst can help you best.
Customer: I was in a dream with my ex-husband and we were together. He asked me if I was ready to go home so I said OK. He was driving a car and I was actually in the back seat but he kept telling me he was OK, but he was falling asleep so I kept waking him up. He again said " hold on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?
JA: Our top Dream Analyst is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dream Analyst in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dream Analyst until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was in a dream with my ex-husband and we were together. He asked me if I was ready to go home so I said OK. He was driving a car and I wasactually in the back seat but he kept telling me he was OK, but he was falling asleep so I kept waking him up. He again said he was okay. he wasnt driving crazy, he just kept falling asleep. We eventually made it to our "home"
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am hopeful that I will be able to help you today. It sounds like this dream really resonated with you.

While I was reading your question, a few things came to my mind. It may feel that you are not in complete control of your life right now. You ex-husband's presence in the dream may suggest that you are currently finding yourself in a situation that you don't want to re-experience. You may be subconsciously repeating old patterns from that relationship, in your new one. In our dreams, we are much more likely to act out anxieties and fears than we are other emotions. It is our way of working through these in a safe manner. The significance of the back seat is what made me think that you felt in less control, or even "unheard." You may be experiencing a feeling right now that your feelings are invalidated by your relationship. You may want to consider if you are having your emotional needs met- if you feel valued, important, appreciated, secure.

You arrived at "home" but I think this is more of a metaphor for security. His falling asleep is more a reflection of feeling that he was not seeing the problems in your relationship- he was aloof to your needs.

To me, overall, it sounds as though if in your dream you were working through the emotions associated with possibly repeating the same patterns that happened with your ex-husband. You don't want to feel that you are in the same type of relationship, but right now you may feel that your feelings "take a backseat" to someone else's. You may want to consider how you can assert your feelings with either a current partner, or just make sure you feel secure in doing so in future relationships :)

I hope that this has been helpful. Please provide any additional information if you would like!

Thank you! Julie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well I am not in a relationship currently. That is why I was so confused. Why was he so loving in the dream. He never kissed me but he would caress my face, hold my hand and then we were driving "home".
There were no swerving cars but he just kept falling asleep and I kept waking me up. He kept assuring me that things were "just fine".
I didn't know if it were my angels telling me he's coo coo for coco puffs or what?

I had a big laugh at your response. Sorry. The cuckoo for cocoa puffs part!

Do you think that the dream could possibly indicate that you felt that he was completely oblivious to what you needed in that relationship? In your dream, how did it feel for you to have him caress you or hold your hand? Were you comforted by his presence? Did you trust him, even though he was driving/ sleeping at the same time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I trusted him when he caressed me but never when he took charge because he would always say he was in control but was not and I would fix it

I think that you just hit the nail on the head. I think that is the complete and total meaning of your dream; "he would always say he was in control but was not and I would fix it." You always had to take care of everything. You tried to let him be a leader in your relationship, but he seemed to be too aloof to do so. Maybe it even indicates a clear lack of trust for others because you are afraid that they are ill-prepared to handle situations.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is awesome! Thank you!

You are welcome! I hope that it was helpful! Dreams are amazing and there is a lot of insight available through our higher conscious! Keep it up! And thank you in advance for accepting the answer if you felt that it was satisfactory!