CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

My son is locked up. I had a dream last night of seeing m in

Customer Question

My son is locked up for life. I had a dream last night of seeing him in person in his street clothes. What does it mean?
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using the service to help you process your dream. I am sorry that you are processing what a life in prison is for your son. Your dream symbolizes a hopefulness that you will again see your son enjoying daily life free from inprisonment. You see him as a you always wanted your son to be.... A free man. A man focusing on his dreams and achieving these. It seems as though you are still processing this loss. You may even be in the denial phase of that grief cycle and it is hard to accept that his current arrangement is behind bars. I am sorry, as a mother myself, that you are dealing with this. I encourage you to focus on your healing, rather than false guilt or regrets about your son.

My sincere and best wishes to you..... Julie

i hope that you will take the time to review and rate the response provided. We can continue processing if necessary.... You are also dealing with a loss. The grief cycle may be important for you to understand. I am including a link that may further help explain the role of grief in your dream, and help your healing process.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/