Mrs.SandMan
Mrs.SandMan, Consultant
Experience:  Spiritual Scholar of dreaming last 5 years.
11507085

I was pulling a lot of large snakes out of my mouth in a

Customer Question

I was pulling a lot of large snakes out of my mouth in a dream what does that mean?
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 11 months ago.

Snakes are a powerfully paradoxical image. Were they coming out head-first or tail-first? If they came head-first, then you might be unconsciously expressing scary or venomous thoughts toward other people--though they might also be unconscious repetitions of poisonous words that once were said to you.

It's important to realize that dreams don't come to flatter or congratulate us for what we already know or are doing in our lives, but instead to show us some aspect(s) of our own attitudes and behavior that we're not aware of. But the value of such a dream is that you can become consciously aware of something that you can then alter by making a compromise between this unconscious impulse and your conscious intentions and belief system.

If you're aware that you're pulling the snakes out by their tails-first, then that suggests that you're unconsciously trying to rid yourself of poisonous attitudes or self-directed thoughts that you've swallowed from other people. You get to reflect on whether you think the snakes were coming out head-first or tail-first

But there's also another side to the image of snakes: symbolized by 1. the snakes on the caduceus--or doctor's symbol--that symbolizes the potential of medicine to both kill and cure (which is most obvious in chemotherapy for cancer) and 2. the natural life-cycle of most snakes that includes shedding their skin every Spring and thus becoming a new being. So the snakes can also symbolize death and rebirth, and thus fundamental personality transformation, including the eastern "kundalini" yoga energy that lies coiled at the base of the human spine ad rises during exercises to elevate&transform the yogi's energy system towards saintly behavior and devotion to higher service.

In this second symbolic interpretation, your dream could mean that your ego is either trying to prevent a complete spiritual transformation of your being (thru swallowing the snakes--esp if you imagine there were exactly 2 of them)--that's if they were trying to wriggle headfirst down into your body for complete absorption. Or your ego is engaged in expressing prophecies that are perhaps aimed at transforming the attitudes and actions of those around you into more godly ways of being.

If you would write about what event(s) or thought(s) & feeling(s) seem like they might have triggered your dream--and consider the two types of meaning: 1. dealing with the people around and (memories) inside of you (first symbolic approach, known in psychoanalysic language as the "objective interpretation" because it's related to the human environment around you). And 2. dealing with A. resisting a powerful spiritual invasion of your ego (tail-first removal) and/or B. acting as spiritual transformer of others (head-first removal).

What do you think about your habits and abilities to speak to others?

I just reread your dream. "a lot of large snakes" could help me narrow my interpretation: If their heads come out first, then you appear to be exerting a very large and frightening effect on others with your speech. But it's foolish to try to act like a psychic, when it's much more helpful to YOU if you will write about what event(s) & throught(s) could be triggering your dream. And how scary or venomous were the snakes TO YOU?

Expert:  Mrs.SandMan replied 11 months ago.

Here is my interpretation of your dream:

It means you are getting rid of things in your life that are affecting the flesh in a unhealthy way. Such as speaking negatively. It can also pertains to spiritual aspect of you cleansing yourself from sins and generational curses, lies and deception.