Mrs.SandMan
Mrs.SandMan, Consultant
Experience:  Spiritual Scholar of dreaming last 5 years.
11507085

I had the most disturbing dream that someone's house was

Customer Question

I had the most disturbing dream that someone's house was broken in to by an older man and there were two adults in the house and when it was discovered there was a little boy in the house the robber undressed himself and then forced the two adults to undress the little boy so he could rape him. They were covered by a blanket so I couldn't see the rape but I knew that's what was happening and it was so upsetting it woke me up and I stayed awake the rest of the night.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Mrs.SandMan replied 1 year ago.

Do you know the person in the dream whose house was broken into? If so do they have any children in the home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't know who any of the people are
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess the one little boy is in the home I just don't know it at first and neither does the burgler/rapist guy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The adults were apologizing to the little boy but they had no choice. Which makes no sense bc the rapist made them tie HIM up first so now that I'm awake I think "why didn't they just run away?" But in the dream they had to do it.

May I ask if you have gone through anything emotional or very personal in your life recently? If you do not recognize any of the people in the dream then the dream most likely relates to you personally. Unless you recently have encountered someone that you have been thinking about, then this dream could apply to that person you recently encountered. So, we have to distinguish if this dream applies to you personally or about someone you know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going through a bad divorce
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was so disturbing I just want to do whatever I can to ensure I won't have a dream like that again. I can't shake it. I have 3 young children although the child in my dream was sort of like a combination of my children - the age of my twin girls but the gender of my son (he's younger).

Yes that would make sense with the divorce relating to your dream. Once divorce takes place it causes a lot of unwanted emotions and feelings. Similar to rape, it is something that takes place that is unwanted and it is forced upon you and your to not able to do anything about the situation and it causes emotional turmoil to yourself and to your loved ones such as your children. Being stripped naked in the dream is showing you are being stripped of your covering and being left feeling vulnerable. Since your children have no say in the matter, its not by their choice so they may feel the pain more so. Similar to the feelings of rape. I am sorry you are going through a divorce. My suggestions would be to make it as easy as possible if there is no other options but to follow through with divorce. Depending on your spouse and how they are, I would be sure the kids know that they are loved regardless of what taking is place in your marriage. So lots of extra love and support in this situation would be greatly needed.