Mrs.SandMan
Mrs.SandMan, Consultant
Experience:  Spiritual Scholar of dreaming last 5 years.
11507085

I dreamed that on a trip to Mexico with colleagues, family

Customer Question

I dreamed that on a trip to Mexico with colleagues, family and my boyfriend, an earthquake caused the hotel we were in to begin to topple over. I was on the top floor of the building and could clearly feel the shaking and then falling and slipping into the wall as the building tilted. Just as we were beginning to fall, an airplane overhead lifted the building and carried it to safety. At the safe zone, we were able to retrieve our jackets and luggages and everyone got on a bus to be evacuated. Everyone I had come with was on the bus except my boyfriend, who I then realized was still missing. Just as panic set in and the bus drove towards the airport, we passed my boyfriend on the street. He was injured and people were trying to hold him down to help him but he was fighting everyone off frantically. I realized that he was going crazy because he thought I had perished in the quake. I screamed to the bus driver to stop the bus and let me out and he did. However, at that point we were further down the street and there was no transportation for me to get back to where he was. I had no choice but to run but when I looked up the street and realized it was all uphill, I didn't think I could make it. I began running anyway but I was moving so slowly. As I got to the top of the hill, there was a street festival going on with food kiosks and music. I knew my boyfriend was just beyond that festival and I told myself I'd have to stop to take a look at the kiosks on my way back. Then I woke up and I don't know if I ever made it to him.
To provide some context from my current life related to some of the symbols in my dream, I work in the aerospace industry and have an upcoming business trip to visit a customer in Mexico. None of the people in my dream are expected to join me on my trip. For the past few months, I've been helping my boyfriend battle depression and although I know he truly loves me and would really go crazy if anything ever happened to me, I've been questioning lately if I can and should really go on trying to help him, as it's beginning to affect my own life and I'm not sure if we will ever be able to have a full relationship.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Mrs.SandMan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for the added information regarding your personal life and how it relates to your dream. This does help a lot in understanding your dream to a deeper extent. With your trip to Mexico, it is showing what is currently taking place between you and your bf. The dream is processing your feelings and emotions. Hotel is showing a place of transition in your life. This uphill is showing this obstacle you are trying to overcome relating to your bf and his depression. Being on a street is showing a place of making decisions in one's life. The most significant symbol in your dream is the earth quake. I believe your world has been or is going to be "shaken" because of your BF and or what will come from this trip to Mexico. I believe this is the impact your BF is having on your life. The reason you could not get to him in the dream is because you have not yet made up your mind as to whether to stay with him or not. The dream is showing this is an uphill battle and you are trying to make a decision whether to focus on your job or your bf.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response! I should add that I've also been contemplating my career a lot lately. I want to move abroad or start my own business here - both options of which are very risky moves that are difficult to explain to my family. My bf is very supportive of whatever I decide to do. I am also very spiritual and wonder if the airplane lifting the building to safety could represent God? My feelings were very vivid in this dream. Initially there was fear when the earthquake began, but that turned into awe and curiosity when the building was carried. The strongest feeling was the panic when I saw my bf struggling on the street and the determination to get off the bus.

You are very correct. Yes it is God taking care of the situation. Airplanes also represent being "elevated" above things spiritually. As he will be with you always in every choice you make. I usually do not included God when I first interpret dreams as I do not know the dreamers full beliefs and some may get offended if you bring God into the dream. Looks to me as you have a understanding of what your dream is saying. :-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Regarding getting off the bus and finding the festival at the top of the hill instead of the destruction I expected from the earthquake - does it make sense to interpret this as saying that I shouldn't be afraid to "not follow the crowd" as in follow my own passion regardless of what everyone else thinks I should do (stay on the bus = take the safe path), so help my bf if I feel it's right, start my company, move away... Whatever it is, it will be a slow but uphill battle and I will find my happiness at the end of it, regardless of whether things work out with my bf or not?

Bus will usually represent following the world, as everyone gets on the bus. So getting off the bus would be your calling if you are wanting to be in God's will. So yes you are correct. Staying on the bus would be the safe path, the very wide road that many will choose over the narrow road. You have a very good understanding of this dream. I would go with what your spirit of discernment is telling you. I believe you are 100% on point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much!!!

Your very welcome. :-)

Let me know if I can be of anymore help, and thank you!