Mrs.SandMan
Mrs.SandMan, Consultant
Experience:  Spiritual Scholar of dreaming last 5 years.
11507085

I dreamt my husband left me step-daughter, which in my dream

Customer Question

I dreamt my husband left me for my step-daughter, which in my dream apparently she wasn't his biological child but he had still raised her from a baby. My 4yr old son was a part of the dream meaning he was still a part of our lives. It was a very abrupt thing he did. No worry, no signs and my step-daughter felt like it was her right to take him from me. I was devastated in my dream and they immediately cut me out of their lives. I'm extremely bothered by this. And in my dream, they did end up procreating which I was mortified to be told by my step-daughter. It was as if my husband had always wanted her bu never said a word about his desires and when she finally expressed her desire for him, he left immediately.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Mrs.SandMan replied 1 year ago.

Do you feel that in real life your husband has feelings towards your step daughter? Dreams are often symbolic. If in reality your husband does not have feelings towards your step daughter then your dream can be pertaining to how he is living his life. You will experience feelings of being "cheated" from his love, attention or affection. Perhaps he is giving his attention more so to the relationship with your step daughter then in your own marriage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, he really doesn't have much contact with her in real life. I know this would never occur in reality and that he would need see her as anything but his daughter. Generally, I'm the one who has to give him the push to keep in contact with his daughters. I guess that's why it felt so far from reality but I can't get over the feeling of utter disgust I had in my dream.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never see her*
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think there's a part of me that feels he's not been completely honest with me. I've never been able to shake that feeling. I've always felt like there was some big secret he has always kept.

This would be relating to that feeling of him leaving you for her. Since his relationship with his daughters are more or less estranged or distant. Then part of him is distancing himself from you and your marriage in the same manner. There is always an underlying issue causing this. I believe he may be dealing with certain feelings or thoughts that might be perverted or offensive to hear or aknowledge. Because of these thoughts or feelings he will naturally distance himself from you and keep them hidden. This is where you feel that he is hiding a secret.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help, and thank you!