Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

I keep having dreams about my ex-boyfriend who died 8 years

Customer Question

I keep having dreams about my ex-boyfriend who died 8 years ago. We were broken up and had been broken up for 3 years when he passed and I was with my now husband. I don't understand why I keep having these dreams about him. The first I was in the middle of the ocean on a small boat and I dove down into the ocean in an attempt to save him. When I came back up he was on the boat with his Navy uniform on but didn't say anything. I woke up. The 2nd dream we were driving around in my hometown in his old Bronco holding hands. I didn't realize he was dead, but asked him why he left me and he told me he didn't have a choice. We pulled into my old church (which is now a daycare) and he told me he was sorry for everything. I remembered I was with my husband and told him I couldn't do this. Just felt a lot of regret when I woke up. This last dream I dreamt I was sleeping in a log cabin and felt like I had been drugged. I "woke" up in the dream and his arms were around me.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He told me my husband had left me (there was a "flashback" to that event ending with my brother picking me up off the street) and said I had been brought there. I just new I was drugged but didn't know with what. My ex couldn't leave the cabin but I went out and tried to find a way to leave and figure out how to take him with me. Then my son woke me up before I could dream anything else. All 3 of the dreams are crystal clear. What is going on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any lingering unfinished business with your ex BF? Normally dreams about the dead are helping us thru our grieving tasks and/or helping us with issues of our present partnership. The most valuable aspects of our dreams are to be found where the dream contents DIFFER with what we “know” or believe in our waking conscious life. (Like did he leave you, like in the dream? And did that have anything to do with your finding your present husband?) I will offer additional services so that we can exchange contact methods--but I'll be hiking up a steep mountain to the Appalachian Trail all day tomorrow, and will make contact tomorrow night, but be too tired to do very much via email. But it's better to start slowly, and build the questions needed to find out what is new and different about the dreams compared to your waking life and thus discover how the dreams may be offering wisdom or guidance for your life direction now.