Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

To Mrs. Sandman, I was sitting in on a park bench when out

Customer Question

To Mrs. Sandman, I was sitting in on a park bench when out of nowhere a beautiful border collie showed up. He was intently looking at me and licking me and seemed to have so much intensity and desire to communicate something heartfelt. I embraced him, equally intently.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it was actually a picnic table in an open park/sports field type setting. Thanks.
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

Have you been feeling lonely or looking for a partner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to lonely; but have not actively been looking. Interestingly, last night there was a dog, again. I was in a car with a friend who knew I was looking to buy a home and she had an idea of a house in an area atop a hill overlooking water that she knew was in my criteria (I cannot remember who the friend was). When we reached the area we had to leave the car at the bottom of the hill (dirt road) we got out of the car; she had driven up there. We both got out, I took the wheel and turned the car around to park it safely (I guess she did not feel confident enough to manoeuvre in that terrain). I did it with ease and as I got out, I saw the dog (it was mine this time - similar breed - border collie) and I asked him to give me a kiss which he did and I kissed him all over his face and walked away to view the house - I think we left him in the car. I liked the house but not the location because it was crowded by other buildings and I actually wanted to have a clean unobstructed view of the water (that's actually a real life desire which I was working to realize soon but have to put on hold for now due to extraneous circumstances).Not sure if it helps, but first time I had a dog dream occurred 2 years ago after being in the company of someone several times in a professional consulting setting though. In that dream I entered a home (I don't know whose), and in the foyer there was a dog (don't know the breed). He was looking at me as though sizing me up, I felt. I stooped to pet him, I was scared not knowing if he would hurt me or take to me. He maintained a guarded assessment mode and I woke up. The border collie dream occurred a day after seeing the same person again, professionally, again after 2 years . Only difference is that this time the dog came looking for me and found me on the picnic table. He seemed to have so much intensity and kept looking at my face and into my eyes and kept pacing as if unable to contain himself and then he would start to lick me. This time I was initially in the observing mode until I finally threw caution to the wind and wrapped my arms around him and started to kiss him passionately.I hope that helps with context. Thanks.
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information.

I believe that the dogs in your dream may be symbolizing people in your life or an idea of a person. You may be feeling lonely and subconsciously missing affection from a partner and therefore having these passionate dreams with the dog.

Same as years ago with the professional situation when the dog was observing you and your were uncomfortable can be a representation of any insecurity you may have felt in that professional situation. However, when you saw him again this time you were more secure and observing him and accepted him into your space while also looking for affection.

I hope this helped! Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jen Helant, Please opt out, I want a different expert named sandman to answer my question. Thank you
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

Please request him.

Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.

Mrs. Sandman may be less often on this site than you are hoping for. I've worked on the same dreams as she on many occasions; and sometimes the customer prefers her interpretations to mine, sometimes mine. My take on the 3 dreams you've briefly described presents an alternative to jenhelant for what the dog(s) represent--your instinctual self, that is always looking after you with great loyalty. The business associate that triggered two of the dreams awakened both a guardedness and an unconscious identification to him as a masculine counterpart, not necessarily a romantic or business partner, but a symbol of the masculine side of yourself (see C. G. Jung "Animus" in wikipedia). Women who live and work by themselves (including artistic work as well as business) may unconsciously envision themselves as partnered with a man who furnishes capabilities that their feminine ego is gaining comfort with. Your aloneness may be a stimulus to your creativity and appreciation of the world around you--as evidenced in your careful attention to the setting in which you want to establish a new home.

If you want to pursue these dreams with me you can respond. If not, then Mrs. Sandman will have more interpretation to eliminate and you will have more responses to choose between.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Norman Brown, Please opt out, I want a different expert named sandman to answer my question. Thank you

It's Mrs. Sandman, unless there's somebody new named Sandman.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Norman Brown, again Please opt out, I only want a different expert named sandman to answer my question. Thank you