Psychotherapist
Psychotherapist, Consultant
Experience:  Over 28 years as a LCSW. I have much experience in dream interpretation.
16602351

I had a dream that I was very pregnant and about to give

Customer Question

I had a dream that I was very pregnant and about to give birth to someone else's baby. Apparently, I was a surrogate? Which is odd cause I'm 39 going on 40 in a couple months. I've never been pregnant before. In the dream, I could actually feel the baby in my stomach and I was at the hospital asking the doctor to give me drugs for the pain, even though I wasn't in labor yet. I wanted to stop the pain before it started. I was even hungry and had them get me some buffalo wings and I was eating buffalo wings on the hospital table. lol The dream ended with me about to give birth. Just curious what this means. I am an actress and my career has recently started taking off and it seems my dreams are finally coming true. Is there some fear behind this or something? thank you
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Psychotherapist replied 1 year ago.

Would you mind if I ask some detailed questions about your dream and you every day life. I will guide you through the questions. This makes the interpretation personal to you. Thanks very much Karen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can ask me

Hi, I like to go through the dream as a story I will ask you your feeling perceptions that you had in the dream and how they may relate to your real life. This is a collaborative process, so I may put some things together. But it is important to see if what I say feels right to you.This is not the interpretation but information gathering.

The Dream

When you had the dream about being pregnant with someone else's baby what did you feel about it?In the dream and real life? How do you think about being pregnant or having a child? What was it like for you in the dream feeling the baby and asking the doctor for meds? Does it relate to feelings about pregnancy in real life or perhaps giving birth to something else? What do eating buffalo wings mean to you in the dream and real life?

It must be fulfilling that your career is taken off which could be part of the dream? The interesting part of the dream is that you were having someone else's baby? Sometimes when women start to reach an age where they can't have a baby they go through a loss even if they did not want children. A critical factor is the feeling of having someone else's baby. Did you have any wishes that it could be yours? How did you feel about doing it for someone else? Do you feel a loss of not being pregnant and do you feel like you are closing that door? How do you think about having to take care of a child in your situation? You may have some mixed feelings as your career is taking off? Please answer questions, ask questions and make comments the more details we have about the dream and your real life the more accurate the interpretation will be.