Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

I had a dream that my "husband" (didn't even look my

Customer Question

I had a dream that my "husband" (didn't even look my husband) was in a standoff with a women claiming to be his wife. She was standing in the front lawn in our house with several other "family members" of her. She had a gun drawn towards him shouting "leave her or I will shoot". I was in the house calling the police and asked them to come quickly. I had gone outside through the garage and peeked to see the situation when the women's daughter was running towards me. I don't know what happened in between...but moments later the I saw people being arrested. I took my husband's hand and lead him up the stairs to our room. My sister apparently walked into the room and out. My husband and I shared a kiss and that's when I woke up very confused and scared.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.

There are different directions this dream interpretation could lead. On the surface of your dream there appears to be an alienation between one side of your marriage and the other--or it could be one side of yourself and the other. Is there any opposition between your family of origin and your husband or his family of origin? You might be coming towards a breakthrough in deepening your relationship with your husband by coming to new moral convictions about the differences between your family (or his) and your personal love bond.

Or was either of you married previously to this marriage?

I need to compare the real life version of your husband and families with the dream version.

What differences can you point out between the dream's "husband" (physically and in personality) and your real husbande? And what differences between your own family and the dream's "wife's family?"