Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

I drempt last night of my ghschool boys gym teacher I have

Customer Question

I drempt last night of my highschool boys gym teacher I have never spoke to him and have not seen him since hs like 20 yrs ago. I definitely was not thinking of him and in no manner would he ever do the same this is a fluke what I'm concerned about is that.when I have drempt of people out of the blue before I usually come into some kind of contact with them in my dream I think.we were talking.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.

It is quite normal to have precognitive dreams about a very unusual event that is about to happen. Or even about a person you've never met or even heard of who will turn out to be very significant to your direction of life development. It is also possible that either your hs gym experience or the appearance and/or personality of that man (THEN or NOW) could be symbolically important to the development of your personality--by which I mean the whole patter of who you are, a concept that few people aside from psychologists, philosophers and religious thinkers ever consider.

To probe a little for the possibility of him being symbolically valuable to your development, try on this question: If you were to go on a trip with him, to any destination or tour and of any duration, what can you imagine it would entail?

I ask for your imagination, because imagination is our best link between our conscious and unconscious realms of inner mental experience. If you would care to share that imaginary journey here with me, I would be willing to offer questions and ideas about what this symbolism could suggest about your present and potential life path(s).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think my ex boyfriend went to school with him somehow his name was mentioned this was like 13 yrs ago and I don't know if he is still married or if he would be a stable person or loyal person he is kind of a pretty boy but I could probably go somewhere with him

So you're a 30something yr old woman & he's attractive but possibly a playboy? And your exBF was much older than you? It sounds like your imagination took you on a joyride involving erotic excitement. Erotic energy can be a force that draws us into risky sexual adventures, or it can also draw us into creative work or partnerships that foster the transformations our personality needs. Love actually arises wherever our growing edge is and stimulates us to become the spiritually developing personalities that the divine energies involved in our species have to offer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't know how this guy is I just asumed and they are only 10 yrs older than I I only knew he went to school with him out of one conversation this was all 13 yrs ago I have never spoken to the gym teacher why would I I was just saying that when I dream of people out of no where I should expect some kind of contact in the future with this guy I wonder why this prompt me enough to seek the dream out I usually just shake them off but this one is calling to me

It's certainly possible that you wi.ll have some contact with him in the future. And it is also possible that he is a symbol of the masculine side of your own personality, and your attraction to him represents an erotic urge towards your own creative potential. I haven't asked if you remember any event(s) or thought(s) on the days before this dream that might have triggered the dream. But have you had any impulses towards creative projects or business ventures or compassionate work in the recent days?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really just a job change and there is a guy that I used to work with at a casino whom was a law enforcement investigator he works as a state one and I have never spoken to him at all I know that I have some kind of connection with him when ever I thought of him he would be around me in like minutes all the time and I think he left shortly before I did . I could have gotten these two mixed up? I don't think he would be the one to show up e is married or he was when we left I saw the ring on his hand. Well thanks for the Input I have a very nagging feeling about this but I'm going to ignore it 100% weird things always happen to me like this at least we can't communicate he is too scared to talk but I think that's what we were doing could this be some surprise or something that's why it wasn't him but some one so similar I don't know I will definitely not let it pan out Thank you Rake care

I think we've gone as far as we can this time--since it's usually very hard to know if a precognitive dream is going to happen, even if it is an unusual event with strong feelings, unless there are strange details that are too specific to be just symbolic (and not real accompaniments of the previewed event, like location). Even your imagination linking up to something potentially romantic could indicate just your excitement about having a paranormal vision spilling over into the feeling tone of your image of him. One sobering consideration I'll pass on about this: psychic connections are exciting, but they don't guarantee (or "mean") that a relationship that has those features will be better or more durable or holy than another relationship whose channels of communication and compatibilities have less paranormal aspects but more normal channels functioning.

My question about the enforcement guy would be: Did you start to notice that he would appear soon after you thought about him AFTER you started to pay attention to his appearances (because you liked seeing him), or did you begin to feel excitement when he showed up close to a thought about him FIRST and gradually conclude that he must be an exciting person, and intriguing, even though you haven't spoken to him? Either way, this could manifest a psychic slightly-precognitive sensitivity to an event that was touching your inner radar.

I'd like it if you'd let me know when/if something happens in the near future that seems to fit your preview.

I'm really familiar with occasions like this from my own 5+ decades of recording my own dreams. One of the most impressive to me was in 1990-91, when I worked on the signficiant details of a stranger's face (balding in front & longish hair in back) "at a college-type party" who was "from out West at UCF" (yet "UCF" or Univ of Central Florida was close to me in Daytona Beach but South, not west). 22 months later I went to my first professional research conference on Personal Relationships at Illinois State Univ, and asked the man next to me if there was a good love researcher at the conference. He pointed to a man with the same head I had dreamed of, Arthur Aron, the best known love researcher in the country. I got to know him and his wife at dinner, and he was teaching at UC Santa Cruz, which was way out West of where we were. I proceeded to invite him into my doctoral committee for my doctorate in relationship psychology, and his advice and influence inspired me to develop a new emotion-based explanation of how love works, for which Art's love theory and research have been valuable guideposts on my path. So that dream WAS a valuable preview that would end up encouraging me to learn from him. Carl Jung's psychology considers precognitions and emotionally intense coincidences (aka "synchronicity").

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have found the guy my dream represented