DrPsychologist
DrPsychologist, PhD
Experience:  I am a licensed psychologist with over 10 years of psychotherapy experience.
67451276

I had a deam the other night that my 11 year old daughter

Customer Question

I had a deam the other night that my 11 year old daughter had died! I was screaming and felt every emotion as thought it had happened. My sister came over today and told me she had had a terrible dream about Memphis and that she had died. I'm freaking out cause as I type this my fighter is half way across the world ski training. I'm a mess. What does this mean?
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  DrPsychologist replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am happy to try to help. Your dream is just that - a dream - it is not reality. I'm going to quote Freud (which I have not done in years so bear with me)...Freud said that dreams are the royal road to the unconscious. Perhaps you fear for your daughters well being in other ways - integrating at school, having friends, not being bullied if that is going on. If you are divorcing and in a custody battle, that could be another explanation. It would help to know more about your circumstances and how your daughter is doing in waking life.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi...I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. My daughter is the the second oldest of 4 and is a little fire cracker. She is a fantastic athlete and her and her sister are just visiting Europe right now where they are ski race training. She is a social butterfly and has no issues of being bullied. We are not going through a divorce or a custody battle. I just found it so odd that I would have this dream and that my sister did also. Just a few weeks apart. I didn't have it while my daughter was on travels but before. Thanks