Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

Just had a dream about my two front teeth coming out. i was

Customer Question

hello, just had a dream about my two front teeth coming out. i was worried how it would look but when I took the teeth out there was a new pair already grown behind them.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.

Losing your teeth symbolizes the transition from baby teeth to adult teeth, and your two front teeth are not just central to showing your face/personality, but also to tearing into difficult-2-manage meat as a preliminary to preparing it (with grinding molars for becoming digestible. But you do not stay paralyzed in fear of the vulnerability and lack of social acceptability that being "toothless" would cause you. You act without hesitation & decisively by taking your loose teeth out. The immediate result is that your adult coping skills (adequate aggression to insure that what you take in will nourish, stimulate/growth, and not poison you).

So I wonder if you are now engaging in some psychospiritual personality growth with decisive forward-motion, despite any temporary apprehensiveness you may feel--and your changes may be even unnoticeable to those outside of you (including ev en family) , and are highly functional for you in your own sphere(s) of life. I'm curious if you have any ideas about what your current phase-change may be--your age, in your environment, worklife, relational connections, calling, etc.