Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

I keep having this reaccuring dream of ocean waves...im on

Customer Question

I keep having this reaccuring dream of ocean waves...im on the shore, (on a porch patio shelter) and the wave comes in fast and tall as the tallest building but one after the other..they are hugh but they never come onto the patio shelter area..... And its not a storm juat nirmal weather..... And im not scared im facinated by the size of wave. Iv had these dreams several times and when i wake up the dream lingers in back of my head...
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.
These waves symbolize the sudden influx of unconscious contents into your dreaming mind. Your observing dream-ego is safely looking forward from the front entrance to your personality, tho it's not clear if there really is a substantial house behind your patio shelter. You are safe enough to feel fascination by the size of your unconscious visitation. If you would imagine experiencing the incoming wave and then diving into it as you're going to sleep, you are likely to get further into the unconscious elements in your personality that are coming to visit and would like to be brought into your conscious life. But you'd have to endure more fear than you have now. Life brings us the unknown both outside and inside of our current conscious personality but you seem to be ready to incorporate more of what you are capable of becoming.