Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert
47044666

Dr. RossiD, Last night I had a dream about my German Shepherd dog w

Customer Question

Hi Dr. RossiD,
Last night I had a dream about my German Shepherd dog who passed away more than four years ago. It was a very happy dreams that we were together again.
Can you tell me the possible meaning of my dream?
Thank you,
Misa
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.
As far as I've seen Dr. Rossi hasn't worked here in the last year. I wsould guess that your Geerman Shepherd was protective and instinctively accurate about other people. It would be useful to think about what recent event(s) or thought(s) could have triggered your dream--perhaps something about a dog, or something about trusting your instincts in some situation, perhaps involving other people. Without knowing anything about you, I'd guess that the dream might you're currently in tune with your "animal instincts" so your self-guidance is functioning very well. Thus you have incorporated your good Shepherd as a loyal and expert part of yourself. But there could also be some special occasion for your Shepherd's image to come into close harmony with you. To understand better what that harmony is about, it would help to know what you were actually doing together in the dream, and how those activities might be similar to some other activities-in-harmony in your current waking life. So if you want to get a closer insight into what the Good Shepherd within you (or an outside companion who functions in the same way) is facilitating with your waking ego (that is your will, initiative and decision making, your "body's pilot.").