Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert
47044666

Please tell me the meaning of this dream:I had a dream

Customer Question

Please tell me the meaning of this dream:
I had a dream that a glowing cross was approaching me in the window. What does it mean?
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Mrs.SandMan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thanks for sharing your dream, and dreams are usually symbolic in nature.Windows can represent something of the future coming to you soon.A cross can symbolize something of a spiritual nature. Note that the cross glowing will enhance that meaning, it's alive and full of energy.So overall something with spiritually charged nature is coming your way.It is a good dream! Thank you and you have any questions, please reply back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Mrs. SandMan, thank You. Could you please elaborate more on "something with spiritually charged nature" and give some examples. Thank You
I would be happy to.It could mean a possible new level of your faith, or if you are a non believer you may be shown some light in that area. It may be speaking to a deeper walk in your existing path, there could be a experience coming to you that will be eye opening and ground breaking enough to have a break through or a new recognition of the spiritual realm.Hope this helps, I wish I could give you more of a pin pointed answer but with dreams that can be difficult, either way it will be a positive experience.I would really like it if you keep me updated, would love to hear what it will be, if you would.You can come back to this question at anytime and respond and not get charged twice.Thank you again!
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.
I think Mrs. SandMan's initial approach is very good. Perhaps you could help her get to a more precise interpretation if you would write about what the cross looked like--in details, and the quality of the glow-- and also how you reacted to the approaching cross: Was it scary, awesome, threatening, comforting? And you could also think about what recent event(s) or thought(s) might have triggered that dream; and write down any other scenes that happened before or after. And any details of the window too: Was it a familiar window, or just generic? What time of day (or night)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your intervention, I do appreciate it. It has been a while since I have dreamed the dream therefore I may not be 100 percent accurate. I remember being in a room. It was a common old time looking room (looked like everything's - floor, walls, ceiling made from wood) though I have never been there. I guess there was a bed therein. The window was a common one with wooden window frame. The cross was glowing extremely with gold, regular shape and approaching me. I can't tell the exact feeling. Maybe astonishment and somewhat scary. The next moment a big doll fell from the window. She was beautifully dressed in gold with blond long hair and kind of angry and I guess I got scared.
I'm not sure about recent events that might have triggered the dream. Still I have some unsolved issues with one women. There has been a misunderstanding between us almost a month ago and I cannot just get over it and forget it. I suppose she has mistreated me and manipulated me. I got an offer (promotion) I dearly wanted to accept and she provoked me to refuse it. Therefore now I am depressed.
Thank you
If your dream came AFTER you agreed to hurt yourself by refusing the promotion offered to you, then the approaching cross might have been compensating for your real-world loss with spiritual inspiration. But the cross is somewhat unclear in its meaning, because right after being astonished and somewhat scared you were astonished and scared by the beautifully dressed GOLD blond doll falling from the same window--psycho-logically her sudden appearance falling is the RESULT of the approaching gold cross. So WHO does the big gold-appearance doll who's brought down by the cross represent?Does the woman who provoked you to reject your promotion wield a religious power that toppled YOU down from your elevated future? Or does SHE come on as the Gold-plated fake/doll? If you gaze at the gold-dressed doll in your imagination, what words and actions come up in your mind? (To get the meanings of these symbols for YOU, I can't just rely on generic symbol meanings. Instead we have to let YOUR IMAGINATION get loose from any ordinary social concerns, Because your dream may have been triggered by an unsolved issue--yet the standard bright-gold- gleaming cross seems positive, but the gold-dressed doll could represent someone's "downfall.")What could you imagine as the high drama that the golden-dressed blond doll would fall down in? YOUR IMAGINATION is the best key to the meaning of these symbols: Were YOU persuaded to "take a fall" instead of accepting your promotion? If so WHAT does the cross represent--a manipulative use of christian religion? And it's approaching a very humble but solid-wood dwelling place, where presumably you live. You appear to be about to receive a spiritual announcement ("Annunciation"), of which you are appropriately astonished and awed/frightened. But the BIG SURPRISE in your dream is that THE BIG BLOND DOLL FALLS DOWN instead.Would you write a little story about how the big blond doll was build -- or born? --, how she got there (above the window? --was it in the rafters? or the attic? Who did she belong to? Was she being Called On or Called Out by the advent of the Cross? This is all I can do for now. PLEASE write a little story with your imagination!