Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

I have a recurring of flying through a big city - it's always

Customer Question

I have a recurring of flying through a big city - it's always the same city, but it's different in each dream. When I would fly, I would always be irresistibly attracted (physically pulled) to very large cemetery. It's always the same cemetery in my dream. In the past, I had allowed myself to be pulled in, and was drawn inside of a really large mausoleum that smelled of rot and decay. In the "middle", there was the crypt of somebody very famous. It was sealed, but it still stank up the area.
If I resisted the "pull" to the cemetery, I would start to lose altitude. I would try to fly faster (sometimes would be successful), and fly higher (only temporarily successful) - but that cemetery was always a magnet.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.
Flying high above the earth is a spiritualized way of getting away from practical problems that are situated on the earth. Your practical problem seems to be to come to terms with some death you don't want to feel as fully as you need to. It may be the death of a person who you have idealized, and you don't want to face the facts that this person was not just wonderful, but also way more "rotten" than you've ever wanted to accept. If you want to find out who that might be, you can start out by listing some of the people who are famous enough in your mind to deserve such a massive mausoleum. You can also write about what the landing place looked like, and any other people you might see in any dream who are near the body.
You can also make notes about what days you have had this dream, in case something (or a thought) that happened that day might have triggered it.