Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

I dreamed my dead husband and I were riding in a car and I

Customer Question

I dreamed my dead husband and I were riding in a car and I couldn't understand how he was alive because I had his ashes. He said the funeral home lied and he is alive. Then I kept hiding my phone because I did not want him to see messages from any other guy in my texts
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.
I can only just get started now, and my computer is under siege from popups. But the theme of your dream is that you're still carrying your loyalty to your deceased husband with you into your waking life--so you're anxious about having any feelings for anybody else. Many women have dreams like this, in which they need to symbolically get permission from their deceased husband before they can love again with a clear conscience. I will write later about how you could go about "asking for that permission." But it would mean you need to be willing to love--and that is a big scary action. But believe me, IT IS POSSIBLE TO LOVE AGAIN in life, and a new love can be more mature in some ways than your former love, if your personality is developing more. And the process of dealing with the passing of your husband and with the meaning and value of the relationship you had together is part of what can make you a more mature loving person in your future.
I will write more later, but must go for errands now.