Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

I have a dream of a covered up murder that I belive myself

Customer Question

I have a dream of a covered up murder that I belive myself and someone else may have commited.I am a 33 year old male.the person who's murder we are covering up is a female and I belive she is hidden in a wall somewhere.i also feel that someone is aware of the murder and they are trying to expose me but can't for some reason.i never have witnessed the murder in my dream but feel I'm part of it.also I think I've had similar versions of this dream before in slightly different ways.thoughts?
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any inkling of who the murdered woman might be, or what relationship to you she might have had?
iF NOT, then she may represent the feminine side of yourself, which is what men need to progress toward whole humanity. She is symbolically the feminine energy in our soul, our muse, our urge toward creative self-expression, art, innovation, and psychospiritual development that is brought about by such loving and creative self-expansion. If this interpretation makes sense, it's that you've been covering up your own creative urges and your impulses towards personality growth, which is natural to humans, but not often supported by our society. You have walled her off, but somehow you DO know that she is in you somewhere, in the mansion that is your whole personality, though trapped in your perhaps too conventional striving to achieve what you think you should.
Can you think of what was happening around the time(s) you had the dream? Or have you had a chance (that you've resisted) to take a risk for either love, creativity, innovation or psychological self-expansion?