DrJackiePhD
DrJackiePhD, Doctor
Experience:  I have been doing research in relational/interpersonal communication since 1998. My Ph.D. is in interpersonal communication.
68163550

Me and a friend had a fallout and her girlfriend forced her

Customer Question

Me and a friend had a fallout and her girlfriend forced her to stop being friends with me. I'm scared her girlfriend going to control her. We was at my job at the table and she told me her girlfriend lefted her,she looked embarrass. She said something else but I couldn't make out what she was saying.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  DrJackiePhD replied 1 year ago.
I'm Dr. Jackie, an interpersonal communication researcher/professor and relationship expert/counselor. I want to help.
I want to make sure you want a relationship counselor and not a dream interpreter. I don't ascribe to dream interpretation, but I know other people do. But I just want to be clear because it looks like the question was sent to BOTH DREAM INTERPRETATION and RELATIONSHIPS.
That said, I'll attempt to answer from a relationship perspective, and I'm hoping that that is OK.
First, I don't understand how a girlfriend has that much control over your friend to dictate that she can't be friends with you. No one has the right to control who your friends are or aren't. I mean, if you were harming her in anyway physically or emotionally, the gf could suggest that you are not healthy for her. But that does not sound like what is happening. It sounds like the gf is very controlling.
Second, it sounds like possibly the gf was very insecure about herself and/or her relationship with your friend; otherwise,she wouldn't have "forced" her to stop being your friend. So the insecurity factor is almost always present when someone tries to get another person away from their friends. They want that person "all for themselves," and it is only one step in a whole series of steps of controlling behavior.
Finally, I'm unclear--is the girlfriend now out of your friend's life? You indicated that the girlfriend left her.
Please let me know--I truly want to help you, and your satisfaction with my answers is my top goal.
Best,
--Dr. Jackie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was dream,my friend told me her girlfriend lefted her and she was saying others things but I couldn't hear what else she was saying in my dream. Now in reality my friend play flirted around with me and her girlfriend seen that because she reads her stuff on social media,That's not ok, I'm not gay, but honestly I believe her girlfriend hit and threaten her to stay away from me.She said things like 'I'm not suppost to be talking to you ' and ' I have to stop talking to you' The worst thing was when she was scared to hug me, I approach her and she was backing away from me in fear.Her body language was saying NO STOP I CAN'T DO THIS! II asked her was she forced, and she got quiet and had that look on her face and it looked like she had a flashback of what her girlfriend did. I know the flirting was a bit much but her actions and words are showing signs that she under control.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's still dating her girlfriend currently Despite what her girlfriend did she's in love and scared of her girlfriend at the same time., I wanted to know what that dream could possibly mean. She told me her girlfriend lefted her in my dream.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another thing they just now making their relationship serious. I mean like why haven't you guys been serious from the start. That makes me wonder about her girlfriend like what was she doing.
OK--thank you for clarifying. Do you want me to submit this to the Dream Interpretation for you? I just am not really qualified to interpret dreams.
:-)
--Dr. Jackie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes