Mrs.SandMan, Consultant
Experience:  Spiritual Scholar of dreaming last 5 years.

What does it mean if you dreamed that your feet were on fire?

What does it mean if you dreamed that your feet were on fire? Your shoes were burning and in flames? That's all I saw in the dream. Nothing unusual happened to me during that day. I rarely ever have a dream unless it is a premonition dream. I know they say everyone dreams every night, but maybe I don't get into that deep REM sleep, because I wake up tired every morning.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Mrs.SandMan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thanks for sharing your dream.

I am sorry you wake up feeling tired every morning, it makes it awful hard going about the day feeling like you have not slept properly.
Are you getting enough sleep at night? Just wondering if maybe that is a factor, besides the not getting into the REM deep sleep possibility.

Lets go into your symbols in your dream.
Feet, feet in dreams can mean how you make progress in life, going forward step by step, accomplish things in the world around you, or other similar actions.

Fire, fire may represent light or life, heat, destruction, cleansing, or getting rid of the old before bringing in the new.

When you pull these two meanings together it could be suggesting that somewhere in your walk of life there is or will be a new walk coming, a new path.
If you are a spiritual person, fire can represent the Holy Spirit also.

Being that premonition dreams are dominant in your dreaming world, this may be one of them, but may take a little longer to come to pass then the ones you have had.
How did you feel in your dream? That can take us a little deeper.
Thanks for your answers. Blessings.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your interpretation. It sounds like your on the right track with where am presently in my life and I am very spiritual and meditate a lot. You asked how did I feel while I was in the dream. The only feeling that comes to mind is feeling confused as I looked down and saw my feet burning. Just confused and asked why are my feet on fire? It all seemed to happen in a flash, I sort of half way woke up, then went back to sleep again and saw it in a flash again. When you say fire can represent the Holy Spirit, what does that mean for me? Does it mean I will be on a spiritual path? Because I didn't need a dream to tell me that, I already know I'm on a spiritual path. Can you delve any deeper into this dream for me. I really need to know what direction to go with my life. This is so general. Thanks for any further interpretation you can give.

Thanks for your response and taking time out to answer my questions.

Since you are a spiritual person, then I would say the fire is the Holy spirit at work.

The confusion you feel when you look at your feet is seems to be a self reflection of exactly where you are at right now, you know you are on fire with the spirit on your lives path, but are seeking more, you want direction, you feel the burn, and you just want answers.
I so hear you on this, I have been there, and still am in some areas, so know you are not alone.

Your dream appears to have a second layer to it, to the fire, something seems to be coming your way to show you which direction you need to go, but it may happen so fast (like the flash) it may leave you startled, maybe feeling you "didn't see that coming". Pay attention to the still small voice and you should be okay.

I am sorry it seems so general, I can only go by what is in the dreams and how the Holy spirit leads me, but I do hope this helps a little more. Believe me if I could tell which direction for you to go I would tell you.

I have prayed for you to be shown direction and for your path made clear.

I want you to be satisfied with your answers, so if you would like I can opt out and allow other experts to come in, just let me know if that is what you want.
Any questions, feel free to ask. Blessings.