Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Why do I keep having dreams about being lost, and unable to

Why do I keep having dreams about being lost, and unable to find directions to my home or whatever place I am trying to go, and now I am having dreams with me jumping out of my vehicle with engine still going.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 2 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven effective in interpretation of dreams.

Dear friend,

These kinds of dreams mean that you are feeling powerless or insecure, or out of your element. Perhaps you are in a position of change or transition, or are engaging in a relationship that, unconsciously your think is wrong. You are uncomfortable in your current course and don't know how to change course or find your center.

The newer dreams, in which you jump out of your moving (I assume) vehicle indicates that you may not be in control of the direction in which you are going and you want to "jump ship", so to speak.

This message is telling you to slow down, figure out where you are and where you want to go, and make sure this matches your deepest desires and longterm interests. Perhaps you are trapped in a relationship or job or educational choice that you are unsure of or just don't care for. This is the time to reconsider what you are doing, and do whatever it takes to get your life back.

I wish you the best of fortune in keeping your life on track, the way YOU want it to go.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.