Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert
47044666

What does it mean when you dream of a tornado chasing you

Customer Question

What does it mean when you dream of a tornado chasing you? I had these as a child & I've never forgotten them. I grew up in a very stable, loving home.  I had great parents & wonderful siblings.  We were a close family.  I grew up with good friends.

Just always wondered. I can still recall the dreams vividly.  I was never hurt, they just chased me.

Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dream Symbolist replied 5 years ago.

Dream Symbolist :

Thank you for sharing. I am happy to help you understand this dream. Remember, the key is in the details!! Tornados in dreams usually represent large negative issues. Also, keep in mind if you were ever affected by a tornado or similar disaster, and were fearful of bad weather, this concept can stay with you, affecting your dreams. This is usually confirmed if this recurring dream theme occurs at certain times in life - heavy stress, fearful events or issues, etc.

I hope this helps shed some light for you. If you have questions please feel free to ask. Sweet Dreams!

Customer:

It shed no light on what I asked you. There weren't really negative issues in my home. I was never in a tornado at all as a child, as I lived on the West Coast. I was a child when the dreams occurred. You missed that cue. I wasn't fearful of bad weather.

The question presented was what does it mean when you dream of a tornado chasing you. My answer answered this. The tornado is a clear symbol - I defined it, and gave further insight as to what effect this particular dream symbol can represent if there was any personal event associated with this. There was no cue to miss - it doesn't matter if your family was loving and stable, the dream symbol is what it is (again stressing this is why I added other connotations the tornado can represent). YOu are the dreamer, so the interpretation of any dream is personal to you. I am no mindreader or fortune teller. I simply interpret dreams and their symbolism.
In essence, I did in fact answer the question you presented. Had you presented a specific dream, I would have (and still will) interpreted it.

Sweet Dreams!