Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert

Why do I always dream of being up in high, open places I

Why do I always dream of being up in high, open places? I am afraid of heights, but I don't let it run my life!
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dream Symbolist replied 3 years ago.

Dream Symbolist :

Thank you for sharing. I am happy to help you understand this dream. Remember, the key is in the details!! I need more information. Where were you up high? Were you on somethng or doing something? Are there more dream details you'd like to share?

Customer:

I'm usually in a tall office building and sometimes the building would be swaying just enough to be noticable. There would be no windows or outer walls - all open to the outside elements. The wind would be blowing and papers flying. I'd try to stay as far away from the outside edge, but I always seem to somehow tumble towards the edge. I don't usually fall, but the fear of being so high up feels very real. It's funny, I'm not afraid to fly!

Dream Symbolist :

The dream can be referring to your career, relationship, or some other commitment you have (social, sports, religious group, etc). It suggests a feeling of instability or overwhelming feelings. Can you think of an area of your life in which this may apply?

Customer:

I'm definitely feeling overwhelmed! I bought a franchise business 2 years ago and now I need to quit working to take care of my 8 year old autistic son, who has been regressing. The franchisor won't let me just walk away, I have to sell the franchise and that is stressful. I'm trying to keep up with my clients while running my son to one doctor's appointment to another, again stressful. We also found out that my older son has Type 1 diabetes last summer, one more stressor! And I suffer from severe depression. Nuts!

Dream Symbolist :

Well your dream definitely indicates that! You have quite a bit going on - big ((hugs)) to you!
Well there are no walls so you feel you have no support and at any moment you feel you could fall. The dream is a recurring one so if you don't find a solution to that day's current issue, the dreams will continue. First, take a deep breath! You WILL get through it all. Next, delegate. Make a list of tasks and items you will feel okay with someone else taking care of, even temporarily. If you have any good friend or local family member, begin to call in those favors for all those things you've done for others. After this, begin to schedule items in 15 minute increments. At first it may look like you're not accomplishing tons, but knowing you are accomplishing something is worth your sanity. Get good rest, and hug your son every chance you get. :)
I impart peace and wisdom to manage all of your tasks set before you and I encourage you to be confident a buyer will come soon. You can do this, I'm sure of it.

Dream Symbolist :

I wish you well! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Sweet dreams!

Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience: 14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert