Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My Australian shepherd pees when we come home, if you bend

Customer Question

my Australian shepherd pees when we come home, if you bend over to pet her, try to pick her up, or when someone comes to the door she barks so hard she pees everywhere. I understand this is a submissive behavior and we are doing the things to keep her from peeing when we come home or pet her, but we are having NO LUCK with her peeing everywhere when the doorbell rings. She is almost 4 years old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Willow
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Willow?
Customer: Not that I can think of. She has been to obedience school and did very well. She is smart and follows directions well.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. This is just a short note to introduce myself or to request needed information for your problem. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Does this only happen when the door bell rings that has you concerned?

What have you tried already?

How often is your doorbell rung through the day?