Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I have a 18 month old male German shepherd. He's always been

Customer Question

Hey hi
JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: i have a 18 month old male German shepherd. He's always been hyperactive . But recently he's started growling. And a day or two back he was sniffing my brother and suddenly started attacking him. Nothing major just growling and barking. But he's never done that before. I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with him. We have another German shepherd . Same age . Male. But he doesn't have any such problem
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Leo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Leo?
Customer: He's not rabid or anything. But sometimes when he gets excited he starts frothing from the mouth. I'm wondering if he has epilepsy or just has a siezure because of a particular smell.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 3 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

So you actually have 2 male german shepherds, correct?

Are they litter mates?

The one in question is the boss of the other male?

Are either of them neutered?

What obedience training have the dogs had?

Hi again,

I noticed that you have not responded to my request for more information. Perhaps you deleted it in error or it went to your junk folder and you missed it. Here is the information request again.

Hi JaCustomer, My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient. So you actually have 2 male german shepherds, correct?Are they litter mates?The one in question is the boss of the other male?Are either of them neutered?What obedience training have the dogs had?