Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My dog hate to be groomed. What can be give to relax him?

Customer Question

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Cooper and he is 8. He didn't always was like this, but he when thru heartworm treatment. Started afterward
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cooper?
Customer: He a lg breed Airedale about 95 pounds
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 18 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this dislike Cooper has for being groomed. In a situation like this, could it be the grooming environment that he's now reacting too? There could be some new smells or stimuli there that are just making it not a good experience. Could a new grooming facility / groomer have better success? I can't tell from your question if it is you that is doing the grooming?