Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My dog barks in her crate every time I leave her site,

Customer Question

My dog barks in her crate every time I leave her site, whether it's the next room, or if I leave the house. She's eight months old and I can't leave her out of her box for long periods yet as she's not fully house trained. She's a coonhound and I heard it takes a long time to train them. Please help! It's got to drive the neighbors nuts!
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Jane. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will be back in touch with you as soon as possible.

I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

how is her house training progressing?

Are you doing strict crate training?

What signal is she using to let you know she needs to go out?

How have you tried to stop the barking?

What obedience training has she had?

I'm wondering if perhaps you missed the email sent letting you know I needed more information in order to give you an informed answer. Just in case, here is my email again.

How is her house training progressing?Are you doing strict crate training?What signal is she using to let you know she needs to go out?How have you tried to stop the barking?What obedience training has she had?