tomasicvet, Other
Experience:  More than 30 years of veterinary experience.

Ok i don't know if anything is. Just some unusual behavior

Customer Question

Ok i don't know if anything is. Just some unusual behavior of other male dogs toward my 13 1/2 y/o bischon. At the dog park a year old male setter is so smitten with mattie he won't leave her alone. He was neut and mattie spayed. The owner of this dog has to leash him drag him off yet 1/2 hr later he is bACK. (ITS A 13 ACRE PARK) this started about a week ago. meanwhile at home my 5 year old golden has started the same thing. He is also neut. He struggles to reach her mount her all of it. My 2 year old sheltie male neut does none of this. All three of my dogs have been together for over a year, this is new behavior. My thinking can they smell a medical problem with mattie?? cancer, hormones?????
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about have?
Customer: Well I take very good care of my dogs, matie has been very costly as of late. A routine dental last year, then another one this year for a broken off tooth, nerve removal, 2 other $ 875 I dont think I can afford BMP or anything else this year. im a widowtook early retirement to help with very sick grandchildren.I was hoping you had heard of something in veternary journals regarding this change in behavior.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  tomasicvet replied 29 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

My first question is whether anyone in your house is using an estrogen ointment on the skin as hormone replacement treatment. Owners using these ointments can cause their spayed dogs to seem to be in heat to male dogs, because they absorb the estrogen.

What is BMP?

Expert:  tomasicvet replied 28 days ago.

I have not heard back from you; I hope you were able to see my response. Can I help with or answer any more of your questions?

Expert:  tomasicvet replied 25 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?