Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My 2 1/2 year old Cavalier has started peeing in the house

Customer Question

Hello! My 2 1/2 year old Cavalier has started peeing in the house again. This is a random deal and I have not caught him in the act. He has an electronic door and goes in and out as needed. I work and have trained him so he would have the freedom to use the back yard. I am just in the process of purchasing $5000 new carpet to replace his 1st year of random accidents! Please advise.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog training's name?
Customer: Cooper
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dog Trainer should know about Cooper?
Customer: We used positive training which took a year to get him using the electronic door and going outside consistently. He sleeps with at night and has free use of the house. He never poops in the house.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How often does this happen with Cooper?
2) Has he ever had any veterinary workup to ensure that he does not have a urinary concern, such as a UTI? If so, when was this last done?