Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs

I have a cockapoo who is the sweetest dog with strangers and

Customer Question

I have a cockapoo who is the sweetest dog with strangers and doggie day care. He was used as the evaluation dog. But he is very aggressive with puppies and afraid and growls at children. He is unpredictable with puppies. The other day when I let him off the leash with an unleashed pupply he was fine played a little sniffed and then just ignored him. The puppy was not rambunctious. Tonight the same puppy was outside when we were I let him off the leash to play and he went after the puppy, chasing and growling. Did not as far as I know bite him. He has never bitten any one or animal. I have not really trained him and he is in charge on his walks. He did have anxiety when we had a temporary roommate whose dachsund was aggressive, bit me and ominated my dog. I had to put him on an anti-anxiety because he started wetting in the house constantly. Also he began to itch constantly and his allergy pills doesn't work but trazadone did. I have been very ill with several Ambulance calls. But his fear of children started before this. He is also a bit afraid of the dark.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

How long have you had him?

Do you use a traditional leash and collar on walks?

How long are your walks?

Have you taken him to obedience classes at all?

When he acts aggressively, what do you do?

How much time can you devote to training him?