Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs

We have a new 6 year old rescue dog. Small yorkie, female.

Customer Question

We have a new 6 year old rescue dog. Small yorkie, female. She a delight, except, she is so aggressive to my husband, if he tries to kiss me, or even walk in the room, she starts growling so aggressive, I have tried to make her stop, by smacking her nose, it is not working. She loves my husband, when I am not around. She sits on his lap, and is happy. The problem when I am there, she gets mean. What can we do, we want to keep her?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

I can understand why you'd be so distressed by this behavior since it's obviously disturbing!

How long have you had her?

Is she obedience trained?

And, just to confirm, the only time she's aggressive to your husband is when you're also present?

There may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and my responses about behavior tend to be fairly lengthy. Thanks for your patience. Deb

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

I neglected to ask if she's aggressive towards other men or only your husband?

And, are you holding her when she acts this way or it doesn't seem to matter as long as you're also present?