Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Dr - I have a question about Pulmonary Fibrosis - can you

Customer Question

Dr B -I have a question about Pulmonary Fibrosis - can you help?
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

Hi this is DRB and yes I can help you with pulmonary fibrosis. I have to retire for the night due to an early surgical schedule tomorrow but will get back to you by tomorrow night. Please leave all your questions here and I will answer when I get home tomorrow night. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.
Did you still need information on pulmonary fibrosis? If so just reply yes and tell me what your questions are and I will answer you tonight. Sincerely drb
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my apologies. My dog passed away almost two weeks ago due to pulmonary fibrosis and hypertension. I was told the hypertension was due to the fibrosis. The fibrosis was caused due to chronic bronchitis. Could this of been prevented? I took him to the vet on several occasions and they said it was due to allergies and his collapsed trachea
Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

So this is hard to say for sure......I will say this.....the biggest question I have is did your vet give your dog steroids for the bronchitis? The dogs with allergic bronchitis need to be treated with airway inhalers in order to prevent the inflammation which causes the chronic bronchitis which leads to the rest of the problems. If I do not get resolution with airway inhalers then I will add in some oral narcotic and these two will definitely get good control for most dogs and prevent the cascade of problems. I hope this helps you but let me know if I can be of further assistance. And, I am very sorry for your loss. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much. DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

Can I answer any other questions or offer any other advice or assistance to you? Sincerely, DRB