Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs

We have 2 dogs toby is a rescue husky/Shepard mix we got

Customer Question

We have 2 dogs toby is a rescue husky/Shepard mix we got when he was a year, he's 5 1/2 90 lbs, good disposition barks to go in or out, pretty laid back. Tucker is a husky/golden mix rescue we got at 8 weeks old. He grew up chewing on toby, bugging him like any little brother would. They both run in the yard, play, tackle each other, usually instigated by Tucker the now 1 1/2 year old,60 lb. Toby would play, finally roll tucker and finally pin him. Then they would go their own way or nap. Over the past few months they have fought over food. We moved Toby's food to the side porch and tucker in the back hall. Feeding them separately and picking up their bowls out of reach so it is not a temptation to fight. The fights are escalating. I had to pull them apart yesterday morning just going out to the back hall, no food involved and then last night I thought they were going to kill each other, my husband got bit. We were again going towards the back hall which is our main entrance. Today I moved all of his food to the basement away from back hall. I also crated him. He had been sleeping in back hall too. I was truly scared and am afraid we won't be able to stop them next time. i would love feedback. A few other facts. They go to doggy day care occasionally and get along well there. Other neighboring dogs come over and they play well. I feel like this is sibling rivalry with teeth and claws. Looking forward to hearing from you. Margie
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible.....

Are both the boys neutered?

Have either of the dogs ever been to obedience classes?

Are both crate trained?

How much exercise are they getting daily?

Does Toby fight back?

Do they fights always seem to start in that back hall?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My email said you answered but I only see my question
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 months ago.

Do you see the questions I asked?