Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

Ok so my 5yo blue heeler eng pointer mix. All of a sudden

Customer Question

Ok so my 5yo blue heeler eng pointer mix. All of a sudden doesn't want to go outside like the case I just read about. Usually he is extremely active, and lately just wants to vegg. I was thinking is bc it's so hot out that he doesn't want to go. In the mornings when I let out our other dogs he refuses to go (all day). I have to put the leash on him and walk him out back. He seems to be eating well. And doesn't seem to be in any pain as far as I can tell.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. This is just a short note to introduce myself or to request needed information for your problem. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

When did this begin to happen?

Is he acting scared or ill?

Is there anything new in the neighborhood? construction , garbage cans, neighbors, dogs, noised etc?

What have you tried to break him out of this and how often do you train in commands?